1. DEFINATION & AIM OF THE PTA
Parent Teachers Association (PTA) is a non-profit, non-political and non-sectarian organization made up of Institute staff and parents which work to support the Institute in a wide variety of ways.
The function of PTA is not only to help/support the College in the development of students but also to provide help/support in the improvement and development of the College.
We desire to sustain the promotion and continuity of sound, meaningful and
qualitative education for the students of NKOCEM, we, the parents/ guardians and teachers of the students hereby jointly and severely agree to constitute ourselves into an organization whose membership shall embrace all parents, guardians, and teachers of registered pupils in NKOCEM.
3. AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
The aims and objectives of the association shall be:
a) To provide the platform for parents, guardians, and teachers of students of NKOCEM to meet, exchange, deeply analyze issues, make recommendations and effectively pursue the implementation of decisions on matters affecting education / learning in NKOCEM with appropriate agencies.
b) To foster mutual understanding, harmonious relationship and cooperation among parents, guardians, and teachers in the fulfillment of their common aim, the welfare of the College and the pupils/students therein.
c) To make for a healthy and sympathetic understanding of the education policies and programs of the College and thus influence the same to create a suitable climate for the reception of the same.
4. MEMBERSHIP OF PTA, QUALIFICATION
Membership of the association shall be open to-
a) Parents / guardians whose children or wards attend in College. Such participation shall be non-political and non-religious.
b) Any person who is a member of the teaching staff of NKOCEM.
5. GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO
1. Solicit new ideas and suggestions from the parent body to help enhance the overall and all round education experience and work with NKOCEM for review and implementation of the same.
2. Build a sense of community at Institute through increased and sustained parental participation and involvement in Institute events.
3. Foster a relationship between parents, teachers, College management and Board of Trustees.
4. Provide an "ear" to the issues concerning the parent body at large and take it up with Institute, Management for satisfactory resolutions.
5. Help College in any events outside and beyond standard College functions such as: organizing helping for T&P, Industrial training and exposure to students and teachers, community outreach, teacher appreciation event etc.
6. Parents will communicate relevant activities and current issues of the College to the parents at large via circular or post it on the College Website.